Old 03-07-2006, 06:08 AM posted to bionet.plants
Sue Carmichael

Default saw-toothed palm?

Dear Jeff,
A few years ago I bought the coolest what I think was a palm family
plant at an Ace Hardware. He was sprouty like a ponytail palm, with
fewer sprouts, much broader and his leaves were quite a bit fatter. He
had the sharpest teeth on his fronds. I named him Jaws for an obvious
reason and I had to be very careful when I moved him. He lived in a
nice sized pot outside in the summer. I lugged him inside for the
winter since it gets pretty cold here in north Florida. I had Jaws for
about 4, maybe 5 years and then he started to yellow at the base of his
fronds and I was unable to bring him back to health. I have looked
everywhere for this kind of plant, even returning to various Ace
Hardware stores and more than a few nurseries. Someone suggested that
it might be a saw-toothed palm. I have surfed the net and can find no
such plant. Do you have any idea what kind of palm it might be, if
indeed it is a palm? I would love to get a Jaws 2. Thanks, Sue

ID tree: cordate lvs, toothed margins, please Rachel 101 United Kingdom 28 26-06-2012 07:01 PM
Palm Tree ID + little palm? mgunnill United Kingdom 6 15-06-2010 12:03 PM
Supply Sago Palm (Cycas revolute), Finger Palm (Rhapis ,Windmill palm (Trachycarpus garrytsen Marketplace 0 24-08-2005 02:11 AM
Saw my first Robin today Jo Gardening 2 03-02-2003 08:42 PM
an ad I saw for multiple packs Flower Bulbs, Strawberrys, hanging baskets j Gardening 0 29-01-2003 10:55 PM