Old 31-08-2006, 01:44 PM posted to bionet.plants

Default hello

I have lived in Ankara (TURKEY). My name is Benay ÇAM. I graduated at
Department of Biology of Nigde University in 2003.I completed
master's programme at Department of Biyoloji of Gazi University.I
have researched both botanic and microbiology in my master's thesis.
Subject of my master's thesis was " Pollen Analysis and
Investigation of Antibacterial Effect of Honey Collected from Various
Regions of Ankara".
In this study, I had analyzed pollen grains in honey samples and
determined percent rate of floral source. I had studied analysis of
pollens at the Hacettepe University. And then, I had investigated
antimicrobial effect of the honey samples. When I investigated
antimicrobial effect, I used agar well diffusyon method. I measured
diameter of zones. Seven bacterial species were used in this study.
These were Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella typhi, Escherichia coli
O157:H7, Shigella sonnei, Klebsiella pneumonia, Listeria monocytogenes
and Helicobacter pylori. These bacteria were obtained from Faculty Of
Art and Science of Department of Microbiology of Gazi University but
Helicobacter pylori was obtained from Faculty of Medical Science of
Microbiology Lab. of Gazi University. In this study, I had compared
pollen analysis results and microbiological results. In final of this
study, I had determined antimicrobial activity of honey samples which
have some families species. I started to prepared my articles.
I want to make doctorate so I want to develop my master subject.
If you advice to me about doctorate programme a Professor , I will be
happy.
Thank for you
Benay ÇAM

Hello??? KnotHead Lawns 2 31-03-2003 04:32 PM
[IBC] Hello from Japan (and some questions) Becca Ridout Bonsai 0 16-02-2003 05:03 AM
[IBC] Hello Again Craig Cowing Bonsai 3 15-02-2003 03:15 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjamina Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 02:56 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjimina Richard Jeffery Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 01:42 AM