GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   Rare native American Chestnut trees.............. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/149882-rare-native-american-chestnut-trees.html)

John Poss 25-09-2006 02:43 PM

Rare native American Chestnut trees..............

I picked up some information on a website for a Jim Hickland and Rare Native American Chestnut trees....I am interested in trying to grow these trees in deep East Texas (sandy loam leaning toward an acidic base). Can you provide me information on how to acquire these trees and could you tell me if the hulls can be deposited into the compost bin? I know that some nut hulls do not do well in compost and some even prevent vegetation from growing. Thank you.

John Poss