Old 24-10-2006, 12:10 AM posted to bionet.plants

Default What kind of houseplant is this?

My fiance and I bought this plant, but it didn't come with a tag and no
one seemed to know what it is exactly.
Could someone please help identify it so that I may give it proper
care? It bloomed in the summer for a few weeks and had long thin bell
shaped pink/red flowers.

Here is a link to a photo of it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattnis...7594212064502/

Thanks.
I really appreciate it.

Old 24-10-2006, 03:39 PM posted to bionet.plants

Try googling on Adenium obesum.

Gene Newcomb
Dept. of Botany & Plant Pathology
Oregon State University

ups.com...

Old 17-11-2006, 05:39 PM posted to bionet.plants

Adenium hybrid
Family: Apocynaceae
Other names include: Desert Rose, Impala Lily
Origin: Arabia and East Africa
http://toptropicals.com/cgi-bin/gard...uid=adenium_sp

wrote in message
ups.com...

My fiance and I bought this plant, but it didn't come with a tag and no
one seemed to know what it is exactly.
Could someone please help identify it so that I may give it proper
care? It bloomed in the summer for a few weeks and had long thin bell
shaped pink/red flowers.

Here is a link to a photo of it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattnis...7594212064502/

Thanks.
I really appreciate it.

Help - Identify Houseplant Donna Coghill Gardening 2 09-03-2003 05:20 PM
Houseplant problems... John Doe Gardening 15 23-02-2003 04:15 AM
Houseplant problems... mmcpherson0563 Plant Biology 2 23-02-2003 04:03 AM
Houseplant advice JimM United Kingdom 5 03-02-2003 04:09 PM
How water ivy houseplant ~ rob ~ United Kingdom 1 07-12-2002 06:56 PM