GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   Brought deck container plants inside, now have mold/fungus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/150670-brought-deck-container-plants-inside-now-have-mold-fungus.html)

Paul 30-10-2006 04:00 PM

Brought deck container plants inside, now have mold/fungus

Usually every year I leave my container plants out for the winter (to
die!), but this year I'm trying to bring them inside. Perhaps I'll
still get a 75% mortality rate, but what the heck.

First problem - after several days I noticed a mold/fungus growing in
the soil - is there something I can buy to put spray on that will kill
this & not hurt the plants?

Yo 30-10-2006 09:00 PM

Paul wrote:
Usually every year I leave my container plants out for the winter (to
die!), but this year I'm trying to bring them inside. Perhaps I'll
still get a 75% mortality rate, but what the heck.

First problem - after several days I noticed a mold/fungus growing in
the soil - is there something I can buy to put spray on that will kill
this & not hurt the plants?

I found this page for you.
http://www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca/jar...htm#fongicides

First, let the soil dry a bit...