Old 01-12-2006, 07:36 AM posted to bionet.plants

Default Care of Jade Plant

I have a jade plant over 30 years of age with many thick branches and
off-shoots. I have never re-potted the plant, so we undoubtedly have a
problem in that area -- the plant is very large.

Nevertheless, that is not my main problem.

In the past few days, we have had an unusual freeze situation in
wonderful, mild, Victoria, BC, Canada, and we did not pull the jade
inside before that time. As a result of the freeze, once we brought the
plant inside, all the thick trunks bended over and now demonstrate no
interest in erecting themselves to their two-foot glory.

Can we save the plant? If so, how?

If not, how do we propagate the plant? (The original was a propagation
from my mother's plant.)

David Grubb

Old 15-12-2006, 03:43 PM posted to bionet.plants

David,

It is very easy to propagate the jade plant. Look for branches and/or leaves
that did not froze bite and just stick them into top soil. You'll see new
growth in no time. But if they are all froze biten then it may not live. In
that case you'll have to buy a new one or ask friends for cutting.

Henry

"David Grubb" wrote in message
.net...
I have a jade plant over 30 years of age with many thick branches and
off-shoots. I have never re-potted the plant, so we undoubtedly have a
problem in that area -- the plant is very large.

Nevertheless, that is not my main problem.

In the past few days, we have had an unusual freeze situation in
wonderful, mild, Victoria, BC, Canada, and we did not pull the jade inside
before that time. As a result of the freeze, once we brought the plant
inside, all the thick trunks bended over and now demonstrate no interest
in erecting themselves to their two-foot glory.

Can we save the plant? If so, how?

If not, how do we propagate the plant? (The original was a propagation
from my mother's plant.)

David Grubb

Jade plant from babies. - SDC12532.JPG (1/1) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 0 16-04-2009 08:49 PM
Jade plant from babies. - SDC12532.JPG (0/1) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 0 16-04-2009 08:49 PM
Another one of those never-ending jade plant questions Charles Woolever Gardening 15 18-02-2005 11:14 PM
Jade plant Tom Markert Plant Biology 3 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
Jade plant Tom Markert Plant Biology 3 26-02-2003 04:34 AM