GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   Effects of Sound on Plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/154323-effects-sound-plants.html)

Secco, Luiz 20-02-2007 01:36 PM

Effects of Sound on Plants

Dear Mrs. Cushman,

I am brazilian and I live in Germany with my family.
My son is 14 years old and he was asked to develop and present a study
about effects of sound on plants.
Would you please advise me where he could find more information about
this matter and how he could develop such study?

Thank you, and best regards,

Luiz R. M. Secco

[email protected] 20-02-2007 06:25 PM

Effects of Sound on Plants

This is not the best project for students. Sound does not usually
affect plants to a measurable degree. The following webpage explains
this in detail.

Koning, Ross E. 1994. Science Projects on Music and Sound. Plant
Physiology Information Website. http://plantphys.info/music.html
(2-20-2007).

There are many better projects. I answer student botany questions for
madsci.org. The madsci archive have hundreds of answers about student
projects with plants.

David R. Hershey