GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   Plant ID - scroph family (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/158806-plant-id-scroph-family.html)

[email protected] 19-05-2007 08:25 PM

Plant ID - scroph family

A friend took this pic around Palo Alto recently and asked me what it was.
I don't know so I told her I'd post it and see if I could find out. It
looks possibly like Pedicularis? Penstemon? It's growing in the yard. I
don't know if it's native to CA or to somewhere else. It looked ordinary
enough I thought maybe someone could ID it without further examination. If
not, I suppose I can get my friend to find it again and supply further
details.

http://www.botsoc.org/mallikaspic.jpg

Thanks.

--
kathyat
fred

Robin Somes[_2_] 19-05-2007 11:26 PM

Plant ID - scroph family

In message ,
writes
A friend took this pic around Palo Alto recently and asked me what it was.
I don't know so I told her I'd post it and see if I could find out. It
looks possibly like Pedicularis? Penstemon? It's growing in the yard. I
don't know if it's native to CA or to somewhere else. It looked ordinary
enough I thought maybe someone could ID it without further examination. If
not, I suppose I can get my friend to find it again and supply further
details.

http://www.botsoc.org/mallikaspic.jpg

Looks like an Acanthus, possibly A. mollis, Bear's Breeches.

cheers,
robin

--
www.newforestartgallery.co.uk