Old 25-07-2007, 02:38 PM posted to bionet.plants

Default Wet/dry bulb table.

** High Priority **

Mr. van Iersel,

I had attempted to e-mail my mesage below to you at the "...peachnet.edu" address, but had it returned as undeliverable. This message was automatically addressed through the hot link following your name under the article title below. Hopefully, it will go through.

I found your message of 1996 (reproduced below) on the internet while searching for a computational method to calculate wet bulb temperatures, havinng data for only dry bulb and relative humidity. I need to do this without using psych charts for individual data points. I have five years of hourly met data to process, which I have already enetered into EXCEL, and need to calculate the hourly wet bulbs.

So you can see why I was interested in the EXCEL method you cited below.

The problem is, the internet link provided in your response no longer appears active. Do you have this or an analogous method available?

Thank you very much in advance for any information you would provide.

Patrick Petrella

Wet/dry bulb table.Marc van Iersel mvanier at GAES.GRIFFIN.PEACHNET.EDU
Tue Jun 11 11:59:05 EST 1996
Previous message: damaged apple tree Next message: Basal sprouts and energy budgets of trees (Q) Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] At 08:39 PM 6/6/96 +0100, you wrote:Does anybody have a table of wey/dry bulb relative humidity values please ?Better yet, is there a formula that can be used to calculate the humidity usung wet and dry bulb thermometers?Thanks in advance.Ivan.By far the easiest way to determine humidity from dry and wet bulbtemperatures is to use a psychrometric chart. This will give you relativehumidity, absolute humidity, and dew point (or saturation temperature).Psychrometric charts are available from the American Society of Heating,Refrigerating, and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).It is also possible to calculate these values, but that is much morecomplicated. ASHRAE has a handbook that contains all the necessary information.If you have access to Excel, you can download a program from the WWW athttp://www.ior.com/~randyw/engrproj.html that can do all these calculationsfor you.MarcMarc van Iersel E-mail: mvanier at gaes.griffin.peachnet.eduAssistant Professor Department of Horticulture Tel: (770) 412-4766University of Georgia Fax: (770) 412-4764Georgia StationGriffin, GA 30223-1797********************************************

Patrick A. Petrella
Project Director
Power Consulting Division
Burns and Roe Enterprises, Inc.
200 Crawford Place, Suite 100
Mt. Laurel, New Jersey 08054
(Land) 856-914-5925
(Fax) 856-914-5834
(Cell) 201-450-7494

Wet, wet, wet David Hill United Kingdom 54 22-12-2012 04:28 PM
Wet, Wet, Wet Dave Hill United Kingdom 3 22-11-2011 12:14 AM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jadene Mayla Lawns 0 27-06-2011 09:27 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jess Lawns 0 24-04-2011 05:08 PM
Wet, Wet, Wet David Hill United Kingdom 16 06-02-2004 04:49 PM