GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   agrobacterium strains (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/170564-agrobacterium-strains.html)

kamalaker nasani 25-01-2008 03:26 AM

agrobacterium strains

Hi,

Any one can help me to get the list of agrobacterium strains used for plant
transformation and their host range.

--
URS
Kamalaker Nasani

"The illiterate of the 21st Century will not be those
who cannot read or write. The illiterate will be those
who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn"
-George Bernard Shaw

Dr. Klaus Eimert 25-01-2008 08:52 AM

agrobacterium strains

"kamalaker nasani" wrote in
. net:

Hi,

Any one can help me to get the list of agrobacterium strains used for
plant transformation and their host range.

Hi,
their is a nice short review on agro strains, their "history" and their
respective plasmids by Roger Hellens and Philip Mullineaux (2000, Trends in
Plant Science, vol 5 (10):446-451). If you want to know, whether a certain
strain/plasmid will work on "your" species, you'd better search the lit
databanks with the species' and the strains names.

Good luck,
Klaus