Old 13-02-2008, 06:42 AM posted to bionet.plants

Default Magical Houseplants

Whenever I'm feeling stuck in a rut, I go out and buy myself a new
houseplant. I usually do this when I get the sense that I am
surrounded by stale energy. Most people can easily pick up on this
kind of vibe -- emotionally you might be feeling stuck, bored,
frustrated, or discouraged. This stale energy also often manifests
itself on the physical plane -- the phone never rings, your loved ones
and pets seem irritable, and the bills arrive long before you collect
the money to pay them.

When you find yourself stuck in a chronic pattern, it usually means
that your personality has somehow temporarily disconnected from your
higher self. The traditional quick fix for reconnecting to your higher
self would be to spend some time in nature. It is my personal opinion,
that a half an hour spent in nature by a stream or pool can do more
for a your body or soul than hundreds of dollars worth of self-help
books, years of psychotherapy, or a prescription for Prozac. However,
once you come back home, you might find yourself drawn emotionally and
spiritually down again by the dull and oppressive vibes hanging around
in your environment. The spiritual remedy for this is to bring a
little bit of nature back inside to try and raise the vibrations in
your home. Plants naturally have a connection to the higher realms
that you can access just by having them in your energy field.

Different houseplants have specific influences and powers. For
instance, if you feel that you are in need of some protection, try
placing aloe vera, cactus, fern, ivy or a Venus Fly trap near your
entrances and exits. If it's money you're seeking, you might try
buying an African Violet and placing a coin beneath the pot. (A word
of warning to those of you who are brown thumbed though. African
violets are very high maintenance and there's nothing worse than
watching one die and wondering whether or not that means your
potential prosperity is dying along with the flower.) I suggest you
pick something low maintenance, like a palm tree or an ivy plant,
which is also thought to attract prosperity. If you want to feel more
beautiful, try placing a crocus by your bed, which will also bring you
pleasant dreams.

However, there is nothing better than roses to give you a lift and
raise the vibrations in your home. Roses are traditionally associated
with such compassionate female deities as The Virgin Mary, Quan Yin
and Aphrodite. I like to buy a rose (or a bouquet of roses) and recite
the following little poem by Elizabeth Clare Prophet: "As a rose
unfolding fair, Wafts her fragrance

http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Bot...002/47019.html