GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   pollen storage (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/178204-re-pollen-storage.html)

Gregory Richter 29-08-2008 05:31 AM

pollen storage

Tim,

I'm no pollen expert, but one of my colleagues is. I
posed your question to him and he says that while the answer is extremely
species-specific, people have had success storing dessicated lilly pollen at
-80o for extended periods of time. Hope this works for
you.

-Greg

Tim Perry 29-08-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregory Richter (Post 813170)
Tim,

I'm no pollen expert, but one of my colleagues is. I
posed your question to him and he says that while the answer is extremely
species-specific, people have had success storing dessicated lilly pollen at
-80o for extended periods of time. Hope this works for
you.

-Greg

Thanks Greg, a peek at the other 2 threads with the same title will give you
a clue as to the species I am interested in, however, unfortunately I'm afraid that -80 is a tad cooler than my freezer can manage. But thanks for taking the trouble to reply anyway.