GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   [Plant-biology] Need information regarding lignin isolation (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/179315-%5Bplant-biology%5D-need-information-regarding-lignin-isolation.html)

Tony Travis 20-10-2008 01:42 PM

[Plant-biology] Need information regarding lignin isolation

Hello,

I no longer work in this area myself, but I previously worked in Andrew
Chesson's Biological Chemistry research group at the Rowett Institute
and we studied the lignin chemistry of forages in great detail.

Try doing a literature search for "A. Chesson" and "lignin". Andrew
Chesson has now retired, but our group did a lot of work in this area
until about 2000. My contribution to the research was quantitation of
plant anatomy in relation to forage degradability and nutritive value.

Bye,

Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK