Old 09-03-2009, 01:28 PM posted to bionet.plants

Default Text mining system for plant model organism: Arabidopsis

Dear all,

We have implemented an automatic text mining system for Arabidopsis
thaliana called
PLAN2L.

The aim behind this system is to enable a more efficient retrieval and
extraction
of relevant information for genes and proteins in terms of their
association to
certain biological processes (cell cycle, flowering, seed development,
root development
and leaf development) as well some additional information such as
regulatory
associations, protein interaction and sub-cellular location.

We would be pleased if you try out the system and provide us with some
feedback to
improve the current version based on your input.

The system is free, open to all users with no need to register and it is
not commercial.
You can have a look at it at:

http://zope.bioinfo.cnio.es/plan2l/plan2l.html

There are some modules for instance related to full text processing,
query types or functional
annotation extraction (using GO) that we would like to add depending on
users interest.

As we are actually working at a cancer research center where I have
limited access to experts working
on several biological processes using Arabidopsis as a model organism, I
really would appreciate all
feedback to make or system practically useful to a broader community.

Best regards,

Martin Krallinger

Martin Krallinger
Structural Biology and Biocomputing Group,
Spanish National Cancer Research Center (CNIO)
E-28029 Madrid, Spain
Tel.: +(34)917 328 000
Fax: +(34)912 246 980
e-mail:

**NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD** Este correo electrónico, y en su caso los ficheros adjuntos, pueden contener información protegida para el uso exclusivo de su destinatario. Se prohíbe la distribución, reproducción o cualquier otro tipo de transmisión por parte de otra persona que no sea el destinatario. Si usted recibe por error este correo, se ruega comunicarlo al remitente y borrar el mensaje recibido.
**CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE** This email communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the designated recipient named above. Distribution, reproduction or any other use of this transmission by any party other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.