GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   (no subject) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/187988-no-subject.html)

Hedberg Peter 28-10-2009 12:12 PM

(no subject)

Hi all.
I am starting up a test were I will test germination of seeds under water.
The seeds still have a week or two left to be stratified, and meanwhile I am trying to figure out a method for attaching bouyant seeds to the bottom of a petri dish so that they do not float.

I have thought of both glue or filterpaper-seeds-filterpaper, but the problem is whether the glue will affect the seed and also a filterpaper sandwich reduced the light and makes it hard to remove germinated seeds.

I am thankful for any suggestions to this problem.

Best regards, Petter

NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net