GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   How to attach the seeds? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/187989-how-attach-seeds.html)

Hedberg Peter 28-10-2009 12:12 PM

How to attach the seeds?

Hi all.
I am starting up a test were I will test germination of seeds under water.
The seeds still have a week or two left to be stratified, and meanwhile I am trying to figure out a method for attaching bouyant seeds to the bottom of a petri dish so that they do not float.

I have thought of both glue or filterpaper-seeds-filterpaper, but the problem is whether the glue will affect the seed and also a filterpaper sandwich reduced the light and makes it hard to remove germinated seeds.

I am thankful for any suggestions to this problem.

Best regards, Petter

___________________________________
NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net

Bradley K. Sherman 28-10-2009 03:46 PM

How to attach the seeds?

Hedberg Peter wrote:
Hi all.
I am starting up a test were I will test germination of seeds under water.
The seeds still have a week or two left to be stratified, and meanwhile
I am trying to figure out a method for attaching bouyant seeds to the
bottom of a petri dish so that they do not float.

Cut a piece of stainless steel mesh to fit the petri dish
and place it on top of the seeds.

--bks

greggausttin 03-02-2011 10:28 PM

I thought both of glue or paper filter paper frog, but the problem is whether the glue will affect the seed and sandwich paper filter reduces the light and it is difficult to remove sprouts.