GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   DIPPI-C: G-cubed Special theme call for manuscripts (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/201932-dippi-c-g-cubed-special-theme-call-manuscripts.html)

brodie 19-01-2012 12:48 PM

DIPPI-C: G-cubed Special theme call for manuscripts

Dear list members:

G-Cubed special theme OPEN CALL FOR MANUSCRIPTS: Development of Isotopic Proxies for Palaeoenvironmental Interpretation: A Carbon Perspective (DIPPI-C)

We invite you to submit a manuscript to our special theme in Geosystems, Geophsyics, Geochemistry (G-Cubed). The theme is called “Development of Isotopic Proxies for Palaeoenvironmental Interpretation: A Carbon Perspective” (DIPPI-C) and has an open call for manuscripts. We encourage you to consider submitting a manuscript if your research is related to (but not strictly limited to) the following:

Constraining the carbon (C) cycle is vital to understanding environmental processes at a variety of spatial and temporal scales. A robust quantification and interpretation of these processes requires an integrative inter-disciplinary understanding of the complex, non-linear mechanisms that control the behavior of C isotopes and biomarker distributions in the environment. This special theme forms part of the “Development of Isotopic Proxies for Palaeoenvironmental Interpretation: A Carbon Perspective” (DIPPI-C) working group (www.dippi-c.orghttps://hkucc1.hku.hk/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx) which specializes in the synthesis, analysis and interpretation of organic and inorganic carbon in the natural environment at all spatial and temporal scales. We seek contributions covering (but not limited to) plant physiology/biology; soil processes; ecology; diagenesis and recalcitrance; modern aquatic and sedimentary environments; carbon transport pathways; palaeoenvironmental reconstructions; archaeology; biogeochemistry; carbon capture and storage; and method development.

Manuscript submission and guidelines will follow standard G3 publication procedures (see G3 author informationhttps://hkucc1.hku.hk/owa/www.agu.org/journals/gc/author-info.shtml)

To submit a manuscript, please use the Geophysical Electronic Manuscript System (GEMS), which can be found herehttp://gcubed-submit.agu.org/cgi-bin/main.plex.

If you have any queries on the suitability of your manuscript for this theme, or any other manuscript related queries, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Chris Brodie (Theme Editor; ). If you are working on stable and radio isotopes of carbon and/or biomarker distributions either on their own or in conjunction with other data, we'd be interested to hear from you!

All the best,
Brodie

Dr. Chris Brodie
Department of Earth Sciences
James Hsioung Lee Science Building
The University of Hong Kong
Pokfulam Road
Hong Kong SAR, China

Associate Editor for Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems (G-Cubed)

Co-Chair of Development of Isotopic Proxies for Palaeoenvironmental Interpretation: A Carbon Perspective (DIPPI-C) working group

www.dippi-c.orghttp://www.dippi-c.org/
http://hku-hk.academia.edu/ChrisBrodie