GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   Mechanism of UV resistance by plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/206379-mechanism-uv-resistance-plant.html)

Debadutta Bhoi 14-02-2013 06:50 AM

Mechanism of UV resistance by plant

i want to to know the protocols to check whether a plant is UV resistance. If i want to know the mechanism behind the UV resistance what experiments i should follow.
Please suggest me some methods and protocols.
Thank you

Junior Research Fellow
Sambalpur University, Odisha
India

Jordan Legare 25-02-2013 01:39 AM

Mechanism of UV resistance by plant

Hey Odisha,
I guess all living plants on this planet have
adapted to the "normal" UV emission levels. However, if you really
want to test plant resistance to UltraViolet rays..you would have to
get them above the Ozone layer. Which is an experiment I would really
follow closely ;)

Just an idea.

Jordan
Canada

Jordan Legare 25-02-2013 01:48 AM

Mechanism of UV resistance by plant

Hey Bhoi,
sorry about confusing your name for the town you live
in. I have another idea. You could setup plants under the ozone
holes...

http://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/

Would be more down to earth method ;)