GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   What are these (fruit/seed)s hanging in a rural So(uthern)CA(lifornia) area? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/216162-what-these-fruit-seed-s-hanging-rural-so-uthern-ca-lifornia-area.html)

Ant 12-06-2019 10:15 AM

What are these (fruit/seed)s hanging in a rural So(uthern)CA(lifornia) area?

http://imgur.com/a/L3kAvYM for a couple photo(graph)s. Also, what to do
with them?

Thank you for reading, viewing, and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"You'd think we could just attract ants like normal people." --Wolverine
(X-Men:TAS)
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Ant 12-06-2019 08:31 PM

What are these (fruit/seed)s hanging in a rural So(uthern)CA(lifornia) area?

More better shots in http://imgur.com/a/TvSbwNK.

On 6/12/2019 2:15 AM, Ant wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/L3kAvYM for a couple photo(graph)s. Also, what to do
with them?

Thank you for reading, viewing, and hopefully answering soon. :)

--
"Ants. There's a size for every picnic, a colour for every occasion, and
a bite to let you know that they are there. Apart from the bite, that

www.ttdown.com 13-06-2019 01:30 PM

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 02:15:52 -0700, Ant wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/L3kAvYM for a couple photo(graph)s. Also, what to do
with them?

Thank you for reading, viewing, and hopefully answering soon. :)

I think only a few of us still reading these groups.

Had to ask on a facebook plant ID group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/156706504394635/

It appears to be Furcraea foetida

https://keyserver.lucidcentral.org/w...ea_foetida.htm

https://durbaninvasives.org.za/targe...rcraea-foetida

Never seen or heard of it. Interesting.

Ant 20-06-2019 10:21 AM

On 6/13/2019 5:30 AM, www.ttdown.com wrote:
It appears to be Furcraea foetida

https://keyserver.lucidcentral.org/w...ea_foetida.htm

https://durbaninvasives.org.za/targe...rcraea-foetida

Never seen or heard of it. Interesting.

Thanks. They haven't opened up their flowers yet.
--
"The evaluator counts the ants at the picnic of progress." --Mohan Singh