Old 22-05-2003, 11:32 PM

Default Arabidopsis water requirement

Hi there,

I am working on a school project that involves designing a plant and
greenhouse system on Mars. We would like to use the Arabidopsis plant.

Do you know how much water one plant uses in its life cycle? Is there
a web site or publication that discusses this? I know this plant can
be modified for low water requirements, but have not been able to find
a paper discussing the water usages of this version either.

Thank you for your time,
Ken Mankoff
Old 23-05-2003, 01:33 PM
Cereoid-UR12yo

There have been entire books written on Arabidopsis.
If you haven't found a reference, you haven't been looking very hard.

Did you search Agricola?
http://www.nal.usda.gov/ag98/

Old 23-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Moontanman

I looked up Arabidopsis on google and it came up with dozens of pages of links
and info. Everything but a pictue or it's common name.

Moon
remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild caught
please, contact me
Old 24-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Cereoid-UR12yo

That's because Wankoff didn't bother to do a search himself.

He wants us to do all the work for him.

Moontanman wrote in message
I looked up Arabidopsis on google and it came up with dozens of pages of

links
and info. Everything but a pictue or it's common name.

Moon
remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like

bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get

me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild

caught
please, contact me

Text mining system for plant model organism: Arabidopsis Martin Krallinger Plant Biology 0 09-03-2009 02:28 PM
Postdoctoral Associate position in Arabidopsis Pollen tube guidance [email protected] Plant Biology 0 08-02-2006 08:06 AM
Water requirement Ron Roses 4 20-07-2005 05:09 PM
arabidopsis nuclei isolation vekcna Plant Biology 0 28-07-2003 03:36 PM
arabidopsis nuclei isolation vekcna Plant Science 0 28-07-2003 03:36 PM