Old 05-06-2003, 05:09 AM
gingerobyn

Default insects and houseplants

i don't seem many current on topic posts, so i dont know if anyone is out
there to answer questions, but i hope so! i dont know much about plants, but
love them so my apartment is adorned with some. in the spring and summer
time they end up having these little black insects flying around them and
around my apartment. i have ended up getting rid of some plants when i saw
the tiny little winged bugs crawling around in the soil in numerous amounts
but i dont want to do that. i tried spraying them with soapy water and i
also tried spraying them with a store bought spray to eliminate insects.
neither worked. i was free of them for a few months after i dumped the ones
where they were most prolific, but now the bugs are back and i dont know
what to do about them. they don't appear to harm my plants but they are very
annoying and they end up multiplying. if anyone has any idea what to do
about them please let me know. thanks! -ginger