Old 07-07-2003, 09:39 PM
peter bendall

Default I wonder if any body can identify this fruit?

I wonder if any body can identify this fruit
they have been growing 3 or 4 years at the bottom of
the garden. It is 3m tall (10ft) now....
It is a fruit, apple shaped though 1 to 2 cm, 1/2-1 inch
in size. Usually green and,when ripe,yellow and same
size
It has 'spikes' 5cm (2 inches) long as well!

I did photos, they at at

http://homepage.schleswig-holstein.d...dall/fruit.jpg

and the tree at

http://homepage.schleswig-holstein.d...dall/tree2.jpg

and the spikes,

http://homepage.schleswig-holstein.d...dall/tree3.jpg

I wonder if there is a type of apple!!!!

peter bendall
Old 07-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In article , peter bendall
writes
I wonder if any body can identify this fruit
they have been growing 3 or 4 years at the bottom of
the garden. It is 3m tall (10ft) now....
It is a fruit, apple shaped though 1 to 2 cm, 1/2-1 inch
in size. Usually green and,when ripe,yellow and same
size
It has 'spikes' 5cm (2 inches) long as well!

I did photos, they at at

http://homepage.schleswig-holstein.d...dall/fruit.jpg

and the tree at

http://homepage.schleswig-holstein.d...dall/tree2.jpg

and the spikes,

http://homepage.schleswig-holstein.d...dall/tree3.jpg

I wonder if there is a type of apple!!!!

peter bendall

The pictures are too small for me to have any confidence in an
identification. However you could try looking into Chaenomeles (Japanese
Quince).
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley