GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   question from a high school teacher (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/36355-question-high-school-teacher.html)

[email protected] 12-07-2003 04:32 PM

question from a high school teacher

To whom it may concern,

I am a high school on Long Island, NY. Two of my students have learnt a method of counting and measuring stomates on leaves using clear nail polish. Has anyone ever heard of or used this method.

These students want to develop a project to study how environmental factors affect stomate density. They originally wanted to look at carbon dioxide and its effect on stomate density. But in a high school lab I am not sure if that could be done. Does an
yone have any suggestions for me to relay to my students.

Thanks
Richard Kurtz
South Side High School
Long Island, NY