GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   rosary vine or string of heart advise needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/37958-rosary-vine-string-heart-advise-needed.html)

Seska Vedek 22-07-2003 07:38 PM

rosary vine or string of heart advise needed

I am trying to find someone who can give me some info on the plant called
string of hearts or the rosary vine. I only have one that has a vine growing
from it. I left it to soak in water too long and lost 3 vines in the pot.
How do I get the vine grow from the potato like tuber I found in the pot
when repotting it? Should I let it dry out completely before watering, or
keep it moist? I planted them all in cactus potting soil because I think
the regular potting soil was part of the problem. I am hoping that I will
get vines from the other tubers (like grape sized white potatoes? They just
have a tiny bit of roots to them.

Cereoid-UR12- 22-07-2003 08:28 PM

rosary vine or string of heart advise needed

Common names are worthless.

Do a google search for "Ceropegia woodii" for more info on this plant.

The plant should be treated as a succulent.

NEVER leave it sit in standing water. Let the pot dry out completely between
waterings.