GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   how do you process chestnuts? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/42917-how-do-you-process-chestnuts.html)

pete johnson 13-09-2003 05:02 AM

how do you process chestnuts?

how do you process chestnuts? I picked many chestnuts from the ground last
year and put them in my frig to preserve them, and they got a kind of white
mold on them. they were wasted. in the past this did not happen, and I
would carry a few at a time in my car throughout the winter, and then on a
warm winter day when I see a squirrel or two, I'll stop and feed them.
great fun.

Moontanman 13-09-2003 12:42 PM

how do you process chestnuts?

You roast them over an open fire?

Moon
remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild caught
please, contact me

Cereoid-UR12- 13-09-2003 03:02 PM

how do you process chestnuts?

Obviously, roasting chestnuts has never been a tradition in your family.

Did you do a google search on chestnuts or would you rather wait until the
do a show on them on the Food Channel?

What in the freak is a frig? Don't you mean fridge (refrigerator)?