Old 15-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Pfrogs

Default RNA

Hi,

I'm affraid I can't see the picture you refer below. But usually the bands
above the wells refer to some kind of protein contamination. This could
interfer with the reverse transciptase process to obtain your cDNA.

What you could do, is to extract your RNA band from the gel before
constructing your cDNA. This way your RNA would be free from the
contamination.

Best whishes,

Pfrogs

wrote in message

I am extracting RNA from rice leaves using Trizol . The RNA looks like

good
but I got a bright band that run above the wells. I do not know what is
that. I hope you can see the picture below. I will construct a cDNA

library with this RNA but I am afraid this bright band can mess up
everything.
Could you please give me your opinion in this respect?
Thank you for your attention. Angela

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?gr...plants&begin=0

Old 09-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Pfrogs

qPCR NEWS June 2008 - Update in RNA integrity Editor www.Gene-Quantification.info Plant Science 0 26-06-2008 02:45 PM
Rna extraction maryam i Plant Biology 0 26-05-2006 10:16 AM
Role of RNA Silencing in Plants Raghavendra Plant Science 2 17-10-2003 12:23 PM
quick and dirty total RNA quantitation from Cyanobacteria Cereoid-UR12 Plant Biology 0 06-05-2003 08:44 PM