Old 19-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Moontanman

Default Cat tails

I am looking fro a strain of cattails that will grow in about 12" of water but
not grow more than about 18" above the surface of the water. Does such a thing
exist?

Moon

Old 21-04-2004, 11:08 PM

In article ,
Moontanman wrote:
I am looking fro a strain of cattails that will grow in about 12" of water but
not grow more than about 18" above the surface of the water. Does such a thing
exist?

There's a plant I've seen sold for water gardens under the name "Typha minima"
which might suit your requirements.

Old 22-04-2004, 12:07 AM
Moontanman

There's a plant I've seen sold for water gardens under the name "Typha
minima"
which might suit your requirements.

I apreceate teh help but T. minima will not grow in water more than 3 or 4
inches deep. I have been searching for a plant that will work for a lont time
but so far no sucess.

Moon
I breed dwarf crayfish for planted aquariums and grow trees in aquariums.
My groups

Old 22-04-2004, 12:08 AM
Moontanman

You never know until you actually search for it.

I have been searching for it for several years as a matter of fact. what are
you a smart ass?

Old 22-04-2004, 05:08 AM
Cereus-validus

Watch your foul mouth, you Oreo cookie.

If you have searched for it for several years and have not found it, it must
not exist.

Since Typha species are found in wetlands world wide, you really must have
done a thorough search by now!!

Old 23-04-2004, 06:07 AM
Moontanman

Since Typha species are found in wetlands world wide, you really must have
done a thorough search by now!!

Actually in person and by asking others to do the same I have done quite a
broad search. I have mamnaged to grow quite a large number of swamp trees,
bushes and herbs. I spend a lot of my spare time sloging through the swamp
actually looking for plants unseful to me. When was the last time you went out
in to the real world? Scuba dived with gators or cottonmouths? Not worth it you
say, hmmm it is to me. I was hoping for help not a critque of my methods. You
see there are individuals that actually enjoy helping others when they get the
chance. It's a copncept you should look into.

Old 23-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Cereus-validus

Sorry dude, I don't go out of my way going mucky places where leeches and
parasites abound. Raised fish when I was a kid and managed to grow out of
that phase long ago.

I do my exploring on dry land.

Old 25-04-2004, 12:07 AM
Moontanman

Yeah, I like cactus too. Cereus is cool but I prefere Lophophora or Ferocactus
rectispinus. I had more than 300 cactus of more than 100 species before
hurricane Floyd decided I didn't need them anymore. Life's a beach then you
surf!

Moon

Is a animal chaser/cat utrasonic cat deterrent harmful? [email protected] United Kingdom 3 21-04-2015 10:40 AM
mares tails g60dph United Kingdom 1 01-06-2006 12:38 PM
Slugs and snails (but not puppy dogs' tails) Dimple United Kingdom 7 22-05-2006 02:38 PM
Comet tails [email protected] Ponds 4 11-03-2006 08:56 PM
Cat tails question Roy Hauer Gardening 9 11-08-2003 11:32 AM