GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   Source of plant family name Fabaceae (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/84801-source-plant-family-name-fabaceae.html)

Bernard Brennan 10-10-2004 12:26 AM

Source of plant family name Fabaceae

I understood the latest convention regarding the naming of a plant
family requires that the name have as its root the genus name of a
typical genus, however I am unable to locate any genus Fab... genus name
that fits, help will be appreciated, many thanks Bernard Brennan

Cereus-validus 10-10-2004 02:55 AM

You never heard of Faba beans?
Hannibal Lechter would have your liver for that transgression!

You didn't look very hard. Try Faba Miller.