GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   mowed clippings cause damage to plants??? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/101817-mowed-clippings-cause-damage-plants.html)

[email protected] 24-08-2005 08:43 PM

mowed clippings cause damage to plants???

A while ago I opened up the catcher to the mower allowing the clippings
to freely fly and those clippings covered some of the small trees such
as blue spruce.

But I was wondering whether those clippings as they dry on the blue
spruce can damage the blue spruce. I wonder because clippings have
nitrogen in them and whether that nitrogen can sort of leave a "burn
mark" on the stems of the blue spruce and other plants coated from the
mower spray of clippings.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium