GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   help in finding the title of a book (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/107070-help-finding-title-book.html)

[email protected] 17-09-2005 05:38 AM

help in finding the title of a book

I used it alot in the 1970s. It was a US govt printed book. It had a
green cover, hardback and thick. It was about 6" by 10". I remember a
page or two on pinyon pine showing its distribution range in the West.
It showed and talked about many trees in the US. Does anyone know the
name of this book?

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

[email protected] 17-09-2005 10:32 AM

Thanks, with your lead, I was able to track it down to the revised
edition of 1991.
Silvics of North America Volume 1 Conifers, Volume 2 Hardwoods and the
number Agriculture Handbook is now 654.

So will look to buy these.

When I posted I said that PvR would not know for he is in Holland and
not with old US books on trees.

A.P.

P van Rijckevorsel 17-09-2005 11:04 AM

schreef in
Thanks, with your lead, I was able to track it down to the revised
edition of 1991.
Silvics of North America Volume 1 Conifers, Volume 2 Hardwoods and the
number Agriculture Handbook is now 654.

So will look to buy these.

When I posted I said that PvR would not know for he is in Holland and
not with old US books on trees.

***
http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/si...f_contents.htm