Old 13-03-2006, 11:30 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Giandomenico Sica

Default Botany - Open Access Publications

Botany
Open Access Publications

Dear Professors,

I'm the editor in chief of Polimetrica Publisher
(http://www.polimetrica.com), an international publishing house that
works in the field of scientific publications.

We're developing a new editorial policy, through which intend to produce
and distribute knowledge that is accessible to anyone in the world who
might be interested, without obstacles concerning economic
disadvantages.

In order to achieve this goal, we distribute freely the electronic
edition of the published volumes and establish reasonable prices on the
printed edition (see the web-site for more information).

An example of open access publication is the following:
Topics in General and Formal Ontology
edited by Paolo Valore (University of Milan)
http://www.polimetrica.com/polimetrica/209/

And now to the purpose of this letter, which is to ask you if you could
kindly be interested in submitting your next works (monographs,
collections, proceedings) for an open access publication with
Polimetrica Publisher.

I'm working to create a strong open access catalog, composed by high
quality works written by researchers coming from universities located in
the different countries of the world, who should help us in the
development of this innovative publishing line.

For each proposed book we need to receive a document containing the
following information:
1. Title;
2. Short description;
3. A sample chapter;
4. Biografic profile of the authors;
Then we will evaluate the work and, in case of interest, we propose a
publication agreement.

I hope you could accept my invitation.
It would mean a great deal to us, and I am sure that it would help a
good cause.
Please feel free to contact me for any kind of question.
I'm really looking forward to your answers.
Many thanks.

Yours sincerely,
Giandomenico Sica

Editor-in-chief