Old 07-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default difference between sand and clay Plants like asbestos?

Henry Boyter wrote:

Asbestos is a mineral, it comes from the ground, and you can put it in the
ground.
And it has been in the ground for a long time, not in a form plants can use
as nutrients.
Since it came from the ground, putting it back doesn't change it.
Probably would make a good drainage material for plants.
Note that fiberglass is not natural, but man made. It is formed from
natural materials. The asbestos is processed as it comes from the ground
like cotton yarn from cotton plants.

Henry, can you tell me the difference between sand and clay? Sand has
silicon but what does clay have to make it different from sand? Is it a
composition difference or is it a geometry difference? Soils seem to
be either sandy or clayish.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Old 07-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Cereoid+10+

That's something you should have learned in high school science class,
Archie. Were you asleep that day?

Don't you already have the answer in your junior scientist space cadet
handbook?

Everyone already knows that Archie is nothing more than a speck (pimple?) on
the butt of the universe.

Old 14-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Zachary

The answer to your question, if I might be so bold, is yes. Sand is a
small simple molecule. Clay is an interesting (my opinion) infinite
2d structure. The composition is also different, of course. There are
many different types of soil.

Old 26-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Zachary

Henry Boyter wrote:

Asbestos is a mineral, it comes from the ground, and you can put it in the
ground.
And it has been in the ground for a long time, not in a form plants can use
as nutrients.
Since it came from the ground, putting it back doesn't change it.
Probably would make a good drainage material for plants.
Note that fiberglass is not natural, but man made. It is formed from
natural materials. The asbestos is processed as it comes from the ground
like cotton yarn from cotton plants.

Henry, can you tell me the difference between sand and clay? Sand has
silicon but what does clay have to make it different from sand? Is it a
composition difference or is it a geometry difference? Soils seem to
be either sandy or clayish.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

what is the difference between a 6700 and a 9700 and a 10,000 PC light Jimmy Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 25-11-2003 05:42 AM
Sand sand and sand kcchin Gardening 8 15-06-2003 04:20 PM
Plants like asbestos? Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 17 26-04-2003 01:31 PM
Plants like asbestos? Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 0 05-04-2003 10:32 AM
Clay Clay and More Clay BTInternet News United Kingdom 0 19-03-2003 09:32 PM