Old 08-05-2006, 01:58 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Ron Hardin

Default Central Ohio weed / shrub / tree ?

I've noticed this thing, a woody weed, or perhaps shrub, or tree,
that grows in drainage ditches.

http://home.att.net/~rhhardin5/w45.jpg

It's perhaps the ugliest tree going, but you've got to admire its
persistence. Occasionally there's a community of them but I notice
them most alone in places you expect weeds.

What is it?

--
Ron Hardin