GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Id requested for two plants from Mumbai, India (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/152044-id-requested-two-plants-mumbai-india.html)

stilllearning 04-01-2007 12:47 PM

Id requested for two plants from Mumbai, India

Please id these two plants in the five photos he

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shahsw...?.dir=/7ba3re2

I found them while strolling near a lake.

Jan De Laet 04-01-2007 01:51 PM

Id requested for two plants from Mumbai, India

The first one looks like Mucuna pruriens, the second one like a Bauhinia.
Best
-- Jan

stilllearning 05-01-2007 12:10 AM

Id requested for two plants from Mumbai, India

Thank you Jan for the prompt response. I am always in awe at the
knowledge of the regulars in this group.

[email protected] 15-01-2007 05:36 PM

stilllearning wrote:
Please id these two plants in the five photos he

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shahsw...?.dir=/7ba3re2

I found them while strolling near a lake.
the first name is right, its Macuna secont plant is bauhinia variegata, it has pink floers n other variety is bauhinia racemosa, what we call it as apta commonly, it has white flowers

[email protected] 15-01-2007 05:39 PM

stilllearning wrote:
Please id these two plants in the five photos he

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shahsw...?.dir=/7ba3re2

I found them while strolling near a lake.
the first name is right, its Macuna secont plant is bauhinia variegata, it has pink floers n other variety is bauhinia racemosa, what we call it as apta commonly, it has white flowers

and what u call as smartweed -21, i think that is polygonum glabrum