GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   food-biotechnology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/156374-food-biotechnology.html)

galathaea 05-04-2007 07:10 PM

food-biotechnology

On Apr 5, 10:33 am, "deepi" wrote:
hi everybody ,

I am doing my B.Tech in Food technology(Centre for Biotechnology).

I would like to do a mini-project, in plant tissue culture or
recombinant technology,during these summer holidays.

Plz help me out.

you will definitely get more information
if you post this to a group like sci.bio.botany
where they discuss such topics
( i have included them in this reply )

however
i use plant tissue culture for micropropagation
and have found that the book
" experiments in plant tissue culture "
by john dodds
is very helpful

it has a number of experimental protocols
that can step you through the process

i have no experience with experimental techniques in recombination
and though my loved one has worked in such labs
their only comments to me have been the smell...

galathaea: prankster, fablist, magician, liar