Old 11-06-2007, 03:58 AM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany
Ann Ann is offline

Default Asperger's [was Why do ripe fruits - especially when canned - smell bad?]

Radium expounded:

On Jun 10, 4:58 pm, Omelet wrote:

Knowing the "chemical composition" is not going to change anything.

I want to know the chemical composition so I can use those malodorous
compounds for olfactory-sadomasochistic purposes and to play pranks on
my enemies by making them stink badly like yellow, squishy, sugary,
juiceless, starch-like, over-ripe mangoes, that way no one will go
near them.

Quick Quick. The party is soon!

IO actually think it's rather sad you're trolling newsgroups under the
guise of having AS. A troll is a troll. Buh-bye!
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked
Old 11-06-2007, 04:54 AM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

Point taken. ;-)

I just need to kf the thread.

And that poster....

That way I won't be prodded into wasting my time.
I've dealt with AS people on other lists before, and they really are
never worth debating because it's like they just don't hear you or
something.

Hence my comment about needing a severe beating.

Want me to hold your jacket?

- Billy
Old 11-06-2007, 06:49 AM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

On Jun 10, 6:13 pm, (Michael Moroney)
wrote:
Radium writes:
To Those Who Ca
I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (AS). AS is a
neurological condition that causes significant impairment in social
interactions.

One of which, as I understand, is social cluelessness causes AS people
to often insult people or **** people off, unintentionally.

However, it's important to note that Asperger's does not affect the
sense of smell.

Actually, it may. AS people often have one or more senses overly
sensitive so something minor irritates them. Often it's something like
tags on clothes, they have to cut them off.

Clothing is something I am extremely sensitive to.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:13 AM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

On Jun 10, 6:58 pm, Ann wrote:

IO actually think it's rather sad you're trolling newsgroups under the
guise of having AS. A troll is a troll. Buh-bye!

I ain't trolling. I am serious, I want to make my enemies smell bad

Old 11-06-2007, 07:14 AM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

On Jun 10, 5:40 pm, Omelet wrote:

Bye babe.

Not fair! I ain't trolling. I am serious, I want to make my enemies
smell bad like yellow, squishy, sugary, juiceless, starch-like, over-
ripe mangoes.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:52 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

wrote:

Radium writes:
To Those Who Ca
I have been diagnosed withAsperger'sSyndrome(AS). AS is a
neurological condition that causes significant impairment in social
interactions.

One of which, as I understand, is social cluelessness causes AS people
to often insult people or **** people off, unintentionally.

However, it's important to note thatAsperger'sdoes not affect the
sense of smell.

Actually, it may. AS people often have one or more senses overly
sensitive so something minor irritates them. Often it's something like
tags on clothes, they have to cut them off.

Clothing is something I am extremely sensitive to.

Hi Radium,

I CARE!!!

And congratulations by the way on your diagnosis! The wold of Autism
is not a bad world to live in at all, especially if one values truth,
justice and perceverance in pursuit of excellence in the chosen
field.

Welcome to our world!!! LOL :-))

The more of us know who we are - the less likely we'll stay a
marginalised minority who are easily bullied (and believe me, there
aren't Aspies out thre who haven't been bullied. I personally never
heard of an Aspie bullying someone else. Kill in exasperation as the
last resort - yes! (mainly oneself) But bully - we do not! why can't
people live and let live?

Anyway, for all the differences and "problems", the world of Autism
has its' place and we - Aspies - have the right to live our lives free
from bullying, witch-hunt, discrimination and ostrasizing.

Now, lets focus on the positive and go create something amazing!

Love, Peac & Harmony!

Roza

www.myspace.com/rozagy

Old 11-06-2007, 04:04 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

On Jun 10, 8:12?pm, Radium wrote:
On Jun 10, 9:38 am, Bill Penrose wrote:

On Jun 9, 10:12 pm, Radium wrote:

On Jun 9, 10:05 pm, Bill Penrose wrote:

snip fertilizer of sarcasm

No offense but if you're going to answer, please do so with serious
you're purposely goofing around.

Then omit number one. The rest are reasonable explanations, plus the
possibility that you may have one of the many forms of anosmia.
Usually it is just age, but sometimes changes in the sense of smell
are the first symptoms of a brain tumor.

Have a nice day.

DB

The only disease I am diagnosed with isAsperger'ssyndrome. I got a
brain scan 5 months ago, no anomalies -- such as tumors. In addition,
I am only 23, so you can take 'age' off the list. I've also taken
smell tests in my organic chemistry lab. I've takes organic chemistry
as a course in my college. Long list of chemicals I've gone through.
Still no answer to the stench of ripe fruits. In addition, none of the
chemicals I sniffed even remotely smell like ripe fruit.

My guess is the stink of ripe fruits is a result of a mixture of
different organic substances, excluding the following:

1. putricine

2. ethylene [sweet smell]

3. butyric acid [or any acid/acidic substance for that matter]

4. ethanol [sweet smell resembling most alcoholic beverages]

4. chemicals resulting from fungus

5. chemicals resulting from decomposition- Hide quoted text -

That's great to know, Radium.

Only Asperger's is NOT a disease. It's a different formation of the
brain. It works faster than the "normal" brain model and is capable of
faster learning, better memory and the capacity for concentration
Asperger's associated with means that the person with AS has greater
chances of excelling in his or her chosen area of study/research/
profesional undertaking.

Autism (both in men and women) is a manifestation of extreme male
intelligence and tends to gravitate towards the logical rather than
emotional, true. Aspies make decisions based on facts which sometimes
is not a bad thing! (that's why you won't find a racist among Autistic
people: racism is not logical).

Not being able to always read body language/ have eye contact/
popensity towards dyslexia/ hypergraphia/ difficulty in recognising
when others are lying is an inconvenience by society's standarts,
true. But it's NOT a disease!! LOL :-))))

Roza

xxx

Artistic Autistic
www.myspace.com/rozagy

Old 11-06-2007, 04:07 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

Radium writes:

I ain't trolling. I am serious, I want to make my enemies smell bad
like yellow, squishy, sugary, juiceless, starch-like, over-ripe
mangoes.

But, will anyone really notice, other than yourself?

(Mmmmm, mangoes...)
Old 11-06-2007, 06:25 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

On Jun 11, 7:07 am, (Michael Moroney)
wrote:
Radium writes:
I ain't trolling. I am serious, I want to make my enemies smell bad
like yellow, squishy, sugary, juiceless, starch-like, over-ripe
mangoes.

But, will anyone really notice, other than yourself?

(Mmmmm, mangoes...)

Everyone will notice and ask "who went kakaa in their pants"?

Old 11-06-2007, 06:27 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

wrote:

Radium writes:
[...]

Big thanks for your understanding. Here everyone was thinking I am
mentally ill. Hopefully your expertise will help society understand
those who are different.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:11 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

wrote:
Radium writes:
I ain't trolling. I am serious, I want to make my enemies smell bad
like yellow, squishy, sugary, juiceless, starch-like, over-ripe
mangoes.

But, will anyone really notice, other than yourself?

(Mmmmm, mangoes...)

Everyone will notice and ask "who went kakaa in their pants"?

And then you complain that others think you're mentally unbalanced. Go
figure.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:32 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

On Jun 11, 11:11 am, (David
Bostwick) wrote:

And then you complain that others think you're mentally unbalanced. Go
figure.

kakaa kakaa kakaa kakaa kakaa kakaa kakaa kakaa kakaa kakaa kakaa

Old 12-06-2007, 02:41 AM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

wrote:
Radium writes:
I ain't trolling. I am serious, I want to make my enemies smell bad
like yellow, squishy, sugary, juiceless, starch-like, over-ripe
mangoes.

But, will anyone really notice, other than yourself?

(Mmmmm, mangoes...)

Everyone will notice and ask "who went kakaa in their pants"?

And then you complain that others think you're mentally unbalanced. Go
figure.

What's "mentally unbalanced" about saying 'kakaa'?

Old 12-06-2007, 02:43 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

In article . com, Radium wrote:
On Jun 11, 11:11 am, (David
Bostwick) wrote:
In article .com, Radium

wrote:
Radium writes:
I ain't trolling. I am serious, I want to make my enemies smell bad
like yellow, squishy, sugary, juiceless, starch-like, over-ripe
mangoes.

But, will anyone really notice, other than yourself?

(Mmmmm, mangoes...)

Everyone will notice and ask "who went kakaa in their pants"?

And then you complain that others think you're mentally unbalanced. Go
figure.

What's "mentally unbalanced" about saying 'kakaa'?

Other than the fact that most kids grow out of that by the time they're 8-10,
nothing. My point was that you get upset about others who belittle you, but
you're looking for the chance to put others in the same situation. Sort of
like, "Do it to Julia!"
Old 31-07-2007, 06:26 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

Radium wrote:
On Jun 10, 9:49 am, Bill Penrose wrote:

Okay, there's your answer. It is also true that food companies go to
some lengths to prevent these processes, so don't rule out the brain
tumor hypothesis either.

Ever since I was born, I've perceived the smell of ripe fruits to be
bad. Nothing has changed in terms of that. If I ever had a brain
tumor, the signs would show, and there would be other neurological
symptoms as well -- such as paralysis, involuntary movements, impaired
vision/hearing, visual/auditory hallucinations, impaired balance,
dizziness, vertigo, memory loss, false memories, distortion of
existing memories, loss of awareness, decreased level of
consciousness, alteration in sense of time, dissociative states,
tinnitus, etc.

I have a co-worker that thinks tomatoes smell somthing like kerosene.

absolutely refuses to eat anything w tomatoes in it.

He also thinks chocolate smells bad. forget what he said as to what it
smells like to him.

otherwise he seems perfectly normal.

as to your affliction, because it is uniquely yours, if you percieve
canned fresh fruit to smell bad.

the question you should ask is:

IS there anyone else who agrees with me?

Until you find someone with a similar affliction, further discussion if
futile.

You are asking questions about something only you can percieve.

j.