Old 01-08-2007, 11:53 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

Default Why do ripe fruits -- especially when canned -- smell bad? -- excluding apples and cantaloupes

In article , Charlie wrote:

OK......you got my attention. I didn't know heal-all (self-heal) had
hypotensive properties, and I realize results may vary from person to
person, I'm going to have to add this.

How much of a reduction is dramatic and how rapidly did it occur for
you? Sounds like it stabilized your pressure, as well. And are you
using any other herbals, like hawthorne. I'm trying to get a grip on
my elevation here.

Hey Charlie, the change was like 165/95 --- 127/ 76 has been at this
level for 3 weeks now with no change in meds. Yeah, these things can be
statistically valid for groups and not for individuals. All I saying is
that I see a difference and the prunella is the only difference. For now
let's call it anecdotal.
--
FB - FFF

Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 02-08-2007, 04:27 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany

In article
,
Billy Rose wrote:

What is the common name of that herbal please?

http://www.holistic-online.com/Herba...Herbs/h343.htm

http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants....nella+vulgaris

http://www.herbnet.com/Herb%20Uses_RST.htm (as self-heal)

Biological Name: Prunellae vulgaris

Other Names: Prunella, Xia ku cao, self heal, all heal

Parts Used: flower spike

Remedies For:

Antipyretic, diuretic, anti-inflammatory antihypertensive vasodilator.

Prunella is used for painful, red, and/or swollen eyes often associated
with hypertension. It is also very effective for softening and resolving
swollen lymph glands, goiter, breast lumps, cancer and tumors.

Grows both in the northwestern and north- eastern parts of North America.

Dosage: 9-15 grams

As I wrote, I'm still taking two allopathic medications besides the
Prunella but I was going to have to start a third to get my BP down. I
want to reduce the amount of pharmaceuticals that I'm ingesting as I've
seen them reduce people to alzheimer levels of awareness. Besides, our
species has spent millions of years in dealing with herbs and only a
hundred years, maybe, dealing with the pharmaceutical companies.

I am surprised that the Prunella produced such dramatic and rapid
results. The plant is a type of mint and very easy to grow (as with all
mints). I'm reading different things about what part of the plant to use
but for the time I'm just using the flower spikes. The infusion (cold)
has little taste. I add spearmint or peppermint, plus lemon for flavor.
As I said, we use it for our cold drinking water and just replace the
water that we take out for a couple of days and then make a fresh batch.
Probably only the first pitcher has a therapeutic dose but the effects
seem to linger on.
--
FB - FFF

Billy