GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is this seed? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/164515-what-seed.html)

[email protected] 06-09-2007 11:31 PM

What is this seed?

Hi!

Could anyone please tell me what this seed is:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Im...with_scale.jpg

I think it might be a daisy, but I don't really know. There is a hole
in the middle of the seed and I think it might be that a larger seed
pod was attached to the "parachute", perhaps. A scientific name would
be appreciated too if possible.

Thanks,

John

P. van Rijckevorsel 07-09-2007 07:09 AM

What is this seed?

schreef
Could anyone please tell me what this seed is:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Im...with_scale.jpg

***
This is doing things in the wrong order.

As identifying the plant is the hardest part, this should be done first,
before deciding to take the picture. This is especially so in groups as hard
as the Compositae.
PvR