GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How do I preserve tomatoes. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/165879-how-do-i-preserve-tomatoes.html)

Peter Jason 16-10-2007 07:50 AM

How do I preserve tomatoes.

Usually they are unripe at the supermarket,
but if I leave them sitting on a shelf they
go mouldy.

Is there anything to coat them with to
prevent mould growth?

Please help.

Phred 16-10-2007 11:24 AM

How do I preserve tomatoes.

In article , "Peter Jason" wrote:
Usually they are unripe at the supermarket,
but if I leave them sitting on a shelf they go mouldy.

Is there anything to coat them with to prevent mould growth?

Plenty of things -- but you wouldn't want to eat 'em after. ;-)

[Maybe the good denizens of RFC could help you, so I've added
rec.food.cooking to Newsgroups and *set followups* there. Here in the
tropics I don't have much of a problem with them during the cooler
months, but the fridge is too cold to keep them well at any time.]

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Peter B 17-10-2007 01:36 PM

How do I preserve tomatoes.

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
Usually they are unripe at the supermarket,
but if I leave them sitting on a shelf they
go mouldy.

Is there anything to coat them with to
prevent mould growth?

Please help.