GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Debate Over Plants Having Feelings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/166342-debate-over-plants-having-feelings.html)

[email protected] 31-10-2007 08:14 AM

Debate Over Plants Having Feelings

I need help.
I am having a debate over wether plants have feelings or not.
I say no they do not others say they do.
I have said that plants need a nervous system and a brain also I have
said that plants are responsive to stimuli and chemical reactions.

but this does not help so I need some biology and botanist experts
with some sciencfic proof.

Cordialy
Bill Vereen

Phred 31-10-2007 11:09 AM

In article .com, wrote:
I need help.
I am having a debate over wether plants have feelings or not.
I say no they do not others say they do.
I have said that plants need a nervous system and a brain also I have
said that plants are responsive to stimuli and chemical reactions.

but this does not help so I need some biology and botanist experts
with some sciencfic proof.

There is no way to *prove* a negative. If plants *do* have feelings,
it may be possible one day to prove it; but there is no way to prove
they don't. (Of course, greenies will say they do, hence the concept
of "Happy plants". ;-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

[email protected] 31-10-2007 03:51 PM

On Oct 31, 3:09 pm, (Phred) wrote:
In article .com, wrote:
I need help.
I am having a debate over wether plants have feelings or not.
I say no they do not others say they do.
I have said that plants need a nervous system and a brain also I have
said that plants are responsive to stimuli and chemical reactions.

but this does not help so I need some biology and botanist experts
with some sciencfic proof.

There is no way to *prove* a negative. If plants *do* have feelings,
it may be possible one day to prove it; but there is no way to prove
they don't. (Of course, greenies will say they do, hence the concept
of "Happy plants". ;-)

Cheers, Phred.

--

Dear Phred
Thankyou for your input and your partly right but if I can have an

thankyou

Bill Vereen

P. van Rijckevorsel 31-10-2007 04:07 PM

Debate Over Plants Having Feelings

schreef
Dear Phred
Thankyou for your input and your partly right but if I can have an
expert Biologist or Botanist give me their views and some research
studies to back it up then this would be of great help.

***
Well, I'd say Phred qualifies as an expert.
PvR

[email protected] 31-10-2007 05:48 PM

On Oct 31, 8:07 pm, "P. van Rijckevorsel" wrote:
schreef

Dear Phred
Thankyou for your input and your partly right but if I can have an
expert Biologist or Botanist give me their views and some research
studies to back it up then this would be of great help.

***
Well, I'd say Phred qualifies as an expert.
PvR

Im not saying Phred is not an expert but his answer did not provide
any substantial scientific evidence one way or another which is what i
need

Charles[_1_] 31-10-2007 06:58 PM

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:14:41 -0000, wrote:

I need help.
I am having a debate over wether plants have feelings or not.
I say no they do not others say they do.
I have said that plants need a nervous system and a brain also I have
said that plants are responsive to stimuli and chemical reactions.

but this does not help so I need some biology and botanist experts
with some sciencfic proof.

Cordialy
Bill Vereen

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6213525AAZt1Kv