GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   two images (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/166961-two-images.html)

Zephyresque 16-11-2007 01:01 PM

two images

Hey, my employer has a plant in her office that has just recently
bloomed for the first time. She was wondering if anyone knows under
what circumstances it will bloom. There is a picture at:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/IMG_0700.jpg

She also bought a red pepper for lunch the other day, and when she cut
it open she found this:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/IMG_0697.jpg

Any ideas on what might have caused that? She did cut into the green
part ( I think you can see the cut in the photo) and said it was
pretty much solid throughout.

Thanks.

Sean Houtman 21-11-2007 12:41 AM

two images

Zephyresque wrote in news:205b536c-f745-4f04-b716-
:

Hey, my employer has a plant in her office that has just recently
bloomed for the first time. She was wondering if anyone knows under
what circumstances it will bloom. There is a picture at:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/IMG_0700.jpg

She also bought a red pepper for lunch the other day, and when she cut
it open she found this:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/IMG_0697.jpg

Any ideas on what might have caused that? She did cut into the green
part ( I think you can see the cut in the photo) and said it was
pretty much solid throughout.

Thanks.

The first image is a Calathea roseopicta, a member of the Maranta family,
they often have patterned leaves, and make good houseplants, but they
rarely flower outside of the rainforest.

http://aoki2.si.gunma-u.ac.jp/Botani...TMLs/Calathea-
roseopicta.html

http://www.denverplants.com/foliage/html/CalRoseoP.htm

The second looks like a second fruit developing inside another, you see
them sometimes.

Sean