GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help in identification of a tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/168576-help-identification-tree.html)

[email protected] 27-12-2007 11:50 AM

Help in identification of a tree

Last April I found a tree in the streets of Olympia, Greece.
http://album.hispeed.ch/album/CID-u0119480-1/
I unsuccessfully tried to identify it. Can you help me?

mel turner 28-12-2007 09:23 PM

wrote in message
Last April I found a tree in the streets of Olympia, Greece.
http://album.hispeed.ch/album/CID-u0119480-1/
I unsuccessfully tried to identify it. Can you help me?

It's _Brachychiton populneus_,
a tree native to Australia.

http://www.anbg.gov.au/gnp/interns-2...populneus.html
http://images.google.com/images?q=Br...iton+populneus
http://www.google.com/search?as_q=brachychiton

cheers

kauhl-meersburg 29-12-2007 12:32 AM

Help in identification of a tree

thank you Mel,
you saved me from further sleepless nights
I only ended with sort of bladdernut
the problem was, english has no distinct translation for our german
"Balgfrucht", in this case in "ventricidal" form
now I know at least it's "boat-shaped pod", and more poetically "tear
drop like"
cheers kauhl
Lake Constance

[email protected] 29-12-2007 08:51 AM

Help in identification of a tree

On 28 Dez., 22:23, "mel turner"
wrote:
wrote in message

Last April I found a tree in the streets of Olympia, Greece.
http://album.hispeed.ch/album/CID-u0119480-1/
I unsuccessfully tried to identify it. Can you help me?

It's _Brachychiton populneus_,
a tree native to Australia.

http://www.anbg.gov.au/gnp/interns-2...q=brachychiton

cheers