GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   epigeal dicot seedling anatomy radical-hypocotyl transition zone (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/170183-epigeal-dicot-seedling-anatomy-radical-hypocotyl-transition-zone.html)

gigi1234 07-01-2008 07:23 PM

epigeal dicot seedling anatomy radical-hypocotyl transition zone

Can anyone list some morphological charactersitics (visible to naked
eye or under low magnification) that might be used to discern the
radical-hypocotyl transition zone in seedlings of epigeal dicots? The
particular species I am interested in is Abutilon theophrasti. Some of
the observations will be made before root hairs develop so I am not
sure how to distinguish where the radical ends the hypocotyl begins.
It seems that there is some color changes and maybe the hypocotyl has
a smoother surface. I want to minimize the level of subjectivity in
the observations if possible.

Thanks!