GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID of monocot pot plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/171019-id-monocot-pot-plant.html)

[email protected] 11-02-2008 07:07 AM

ID of monocot pot plant

Can somebody help me identify this monocot pot plant?

I wonder whether it is a Pandanus.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/feqze92kog.jpg

Marios Giannakoulias 11-02-2008 08:11 AM

ID of monocot pot plant

it is Dracaena deremensis (RUSCACEAE according to APG) however, since
these are variable plants in cultivation, there are issues... some
believe that they are formas-varieties-subspecies to Dracaena fragrans
(like the situation in Dieffembachia sanguine ARACEAE). There is also
a proposition to sink Dracaena into Sanseveria.

[email protected] 11-02-2008 06:42 PM

ID of monocot pot plant

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:07:37 +1100, wrote:

Can somebody help me identify this monocot pot plant?

I wonder whether it is a Pandanus.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/feqze92kog.jpg

It looks to me like a variegated form of Dracena fragrans.