GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID -- strange plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/171597-id-strange-plant.html)

jean 06-03-2008 09:12 AM

ID -- strange plant

Hello,

Does someone here know this strange plant?

Pictures he

http://www.lotophages.org/pub/

The button appeared in a pot last summer, and it standed still, without
leaves, until now... I'm (almost) sure that it's not a plant of my
region (Ile-de-France, in France), but i haven't the slightest idea of
what it can be.

--
jean

Stewart Robert Hinsley 06-03-2008 01:16 PM

ID -- strange plant

In message , jean
writes
Hello,

Does someone here know this strange plant?

Pictures he

http://www.lotophages.org/pub/

The button appeared in a pot last summer, and it standed still, without
leaves, until now... I'm (almost) sure that it's not a plant of my
region (Ile-de-France, in France), but i haven't the slightest idea of
what it can be.

It might be an Oxalis (Oxalis adenophylla comes to mind), but I don't
recollect what the bulbs/tubers look like, and Google Images isn't
finding anything particularly helpful.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

jean 14-03-2008 11:59 AM

ID -- strange plant

Stewart Robert Hinsley a écrit :

It might be an Oxalis (Oxalis adenophylla comes to mind), but I don't
recollect what the bulbs/tubers look like, and Google Images isn't
finding anything particularly helpful.

You seem to be right, thank you.

--
jean