Old 22-07-2008, 07:46 AM posted to sci.bio.botany,sci.agriculture

Default grapes the wine of fruit, then buffaloeberry the champagne or spiceof fruit

Usually when I can my organic grown fruit, I have some leftover
portions that are too small for a pint
so I wait for it to cool down and pour into a container and save for
the morning to eat as a chilled
fruit, often slicing a banana with it.

Well this mixture of currants, gooseberries (another type of
currant), a few sour cherries and
buffaloeberries is a real winner. If you never had buffaloeberry
before, well, you are in for a treat.
They are tiny red berries that taste like lemons. really powerful
flavor. Sort of leave a good aftertaste.
So the combination of the buffaloberry and currants is a sensational
mixture of fruit. I have to add
about twice as much sugar as for real sour cherries.

The reason most people never eaten buffaloberries is obvious to me,
for one look at buffaloberry
bushes provides the answer. They have wicked thorns. It is easy to
blind oneself going through
a buffaloberry hedge. And every time I pick some berries, I get
punctured 4 or 5 times.

Last year when I had the horse, donkey and Llama in the pasture with
buffaloberry bushes, I watched
them interact with the bushes, trouble is they never did, or at least
I never saw them get introduced to
them. And their memory stayed intact for the summer, because none of
them ever went near the
bushes. Not only are the thorns wicked, but they are hard to see, for
they look like a branch.

But buffaloberries can make a average fruit mix and turn it into a
great fruit mix.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

Grapes to wine BoyPete United Kingdom 23 18-09-2006 06:58 PM
Grapes for wine mikestatts United Kingdom 1 20-07-2006 09:04 AM
Grapes - suitable for making wine? Dave Henson United Kingdom 4 28-09-2004 09:07 PM
champagne or wine yeasts for DIY CO2? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 25 17-07-2003 08:45 PM