GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   clover seed, time length for maturity (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/177356-clover-seed-time-length-maturity.html)

[email protected] 29-07-2008 05:59 AM

clover seed, time length for maturity

Alright, today I had a chance to inspect the clover, both the white
and big red. I found hard seeds by
looking for the really dark and dried heads and rubbing them in my
palm out comes what looks like
very tiny translucent yellow kernels. So it takes at least two months
time before you see any seeds
for clover. I am going to wait for another month to actually harvest
some of those seeds.

I was surprized at how tiny they were. The size of a comma in type
",", or the size of the head
of a needle. I should not have been surprized for I seeded the lot
some years back (was it 5 years
ago??) and had imagined the seed were bigger. They are so tiny.

I think what I will do from now on is raise the level of the lawnmower
to bypass the clover. For I
would continue to like to see the field become solid clover.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium