GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Stephanotis floribunda - toxic or not (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/178718-stephanotis-floribunda-toxic-not.html)

Richard Wright 20-09-2008 03:33 AM

Stephanotis floribunda - toxic or not

I am curious about whether the fruit of Stephanotis floribunda is
toxic or not.

Opinions about the plant range from toxic to non-toxic.

Opinions on the web state the fruit is inedible. Is this because of
its structure or because it is toxic?

Charles[_1_] 20-09-2008 03:49 AM

Stephanotis floribunda - toxic or not

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 12:33:23 +1000, Richard Wright
wrote:

I am curious about whether the fruit of Stephanotis floribunda is
toxic or not.

Opinions about the plant range from toxic to non-toxic.

Opinions on the web state the fruit is inedible. Is this because of
its structure or because it is toxic?

Not listed in my poisonous plants book, whatever that may indicate.

since it's in Asclepiadaceae, I'd bet it tastes pretty bad, bitter.