GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Could someone identify this plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/181751-could-someone-identify-plant.html)

David W[_2_] 13-03-2009 05:15 PM

Could someone identify this plant?

Hello,

I noticed this plant growing at the top of a sandy beach in northern
France in June 2008.

Could somebody please tell me what it is?

Image links:

http://www.bb4w-games.com/beach_plant_1.jpg
http://www.bb4w-games.com/beach_plant_2.jpg

Sorry about the poor picture quality -- they are stills from video
footage.

Thanks,

David,
England.

kauhl-meersburg[_2_] 13-03-2009 05:49 PM

Could someone identify this plant?

by my modest knowledge it could be alyssum maritimum
(Strand-Steinkraut), but its flowering time, conforming my guide, is
nov. to jan. - what date did you take the picture?
cheers kauhl

Norbert Holstein 13-03-2009 06:38 PM

Could someone identify this plant?

That's likely to be Cakile maritima (mustard family).

Norbert

David W[_2_] 13-03-2009 07:21 PM

Could someone identify this plant?

On Mar 13, 6:38*pm, Norbert Holstein -
muenchen.de wrote:
That's likely to be Cakile maritima (mustard family).

Norbert

Yes, I think you're right!

Thank you (and Kauhl) for your replies to my post.

Regards,

David.