Old 26-04-2003, 12:38 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default energy difference of annuals versus perennials why human

I believe their exists a very important difference in energy between annuals
and
perennials. And although it would seem that civilization on Earth and
throughout
the Cosmos should be based upon *perennial staples*. That is not the likely
scienctific answer. I suspect that the energy it takes for Intelligent-life to
do
a yearly farming of annuals to have a staple crop is a larger energy output
than
if staple crops were based on *perennial staples*.

If intelligent life on Earth had to be based on perennials, I believe the
energy
equations are less favorable for perennials than if based on annuals. Yes we
have
to collect seed and till and weed which costs us energy every year, but
perennials
are not **sure bets** and are less likely to constantly keep us fed than
annuals.

Perennials require less input energy, but their dependability of a yearly crop
is
lower than the dependability of annual crops.

So, in the energy-equation of staple food crops, it is annuals that win out
over
perennials. And if we are ever contacted by alien civilizations, they also
will have
annuals as staples and not perennials.

Now the big chore of figuring out the Energy Equation.

Has any scientist before me done this Energy Equation that shows (I intuit)
that staple crops are at maximum annuals and not perennials.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies